IRP RCMP Halifax
Relocation Buyers Guide
Sandy and Judy Hines
Welcome RCMP members !!
You are transferred into or out of Halifax/Dartmouth (HRM) and you are looking for an experienced IRP Brookfield approved realtor who understands the new RCMP relocation program ( RCMP Relocation Directive) and Brookfield IRP and that can help you. We would like to offer our services to you.
We are on the Brookfield IRP approved list and have been for many years. Servicing RCMP members that are moving in and out of the Halifax area is a major part of our real estate business. Every year we deal with many members moving into and out of the area. We know the new RCMP relocation program and the IRP program very well and with your relocation rep we can help guide through what can be a very complicated and confusing process. We have created a FAQ page that addresses some of the common questions that we hear from RCMP members.
One of the most important parts of your relocation is dealing with other IRP approved suppliers such as lawyers, inspectors and appraisers. We have an excellent group of approved people that we deal with all the time and will provide you a list of those suppliers. We will set up all appointments for you with the suppliers you select when you need them. We take care of everything so that you can concentrate on buying your home.
Your House Hunting TRIP (HHT) is short and you need to do a lot in that very short period of time. So we guarantee that we will be available every day you are here for as long as you need us. There are two of us so this is never an issue. Most times we work together showing you properties. Buyers tell us they like having both the man and women's perspective.
A lot can be accomplished before you arrive. Once you contact us we will forward you a Homebuyer's Package, including MLS® listings that match your needs and wants, and we immediately start working with you to develop a list of properties to view during you HHT. You are setup to be emailed all the new MLS® listings that suit your needs as soon as they are listed. We will educate you on the HRM area and the buying process here. We will answer any questions and we will do it quickly. We have email on both our phones and respond very quickly to our client's questions. We organize the viewings and inspections for your HHT. We have handled so many buyers on HHT that we have a great system that works very well. Your HHT will be hassle free and successful.
Things RCMP Buyers and Sellers Need to Know:
RCMP buyers and sellers should understand the following:
1) Which RCMP relocation program do you come under - If your transfer was issued before April 1, 2017 you fall under the Brookfield IRP Program. If your transfer was issued after April 1, 2017 you fall under the RCMP Relocation Directive. There are many differences in the programs. An important one is you deal with Brookfield representatives if you are under the Brookfield plan and you deal with RCMP directly if you are under the RCMP Relocation Directive. You can download a PDF of both these programs below.
2) Paying for inspections up front - Lawyers bill directly but you pay for all other inspections up front and are reimbursed later. Inspections such as home inspection, well and septic and radon can add up to over $1,500 so you need to be prepared for this. Under the Brookfield IRP house inspectors bill Brookfield direct so you don't pay for them up front. Lawyers bill directly regardless of what program you are under.
3) Mortgages Pre Payment Penalties - If you take out a 5 year mortgage and are moved before the 5 years are up you may have to payout your mortgage. There are prepayment penalties that lenders charge and it can be over $10,000 in many cases. These costs used to be paid by DND but they are no longer paid. Some lenders have agreed to waive these penalties for Military buyers others still charge the penalties. So you should only deal with lenders who have agreed to waive the penalties and you should get a letter in writing before you sign your mortgage stating that there will be no penalties.
4) Loss on the sale of your home - There is a provision in your IRP plan that provides for you being reimbursed up to $15,000 on any loss that you incurred when you sell your home. This is important to know if you get to the point where you have an offer that is less than you paid for your home and want to accept it. You can accept it and be reimbursed for the loss up to $15,000. This can be very beneficial in a slow market. Under the RCMP Relocation Directive the loss is up to $30,000.
5) Things you need for you House Hunting Trip (HHT) - You will need certain things for your HHT.
- Name and contact information of your relocation and file number. Your suppliers such as lawyer will need these to bill directly.
- A cheque for your deposit - You will need a cheque for your deposit and funds in the chequing account to cover your deposit. A deposit cheque of between $1,000 and $5,000 will be needed when you write your offer and will be cashed upon acceptance.
- Credit card with funds available to cover any inspections you have to pay for up front.
- Slip on shoes for viewing homes
- GPS for your car rental - A GPS is very helpful on your HHT. Either rent a car that has one or the rental company can rent you a portable one.
Why select us:
1) Very experienced - over 40 year of combined real estate experience. Deal with several RCMP members each year.
2) Knowledgeable - we know both your relocation programs inside and out and we know all the HRM area extremely well because we have sold homes in most of the areas of HRM. We also know where to stay away from.
3) Reliable - we do what we say we are going to do.
4) Quick to respond -You contact us and we respond and fast.
5) Great team of suppliers such as lawyers and all kinds of inspectors. You will deal what we believe are the best in their business. We can also advise you on things like best insurance, cable/internet, telephone, fuel etc.
RCMP Relocation and Brookfield IRP Program: ( Transfers issued before April 1, 2017 )
Below is a link to the Brookfield IRP program.
DOWNLOAD A PDF of Brookfield IRP PROGRAM
RCMP Relcoation Directive ( Transfers issued after April 1, 2017 )
Below is a link to the RCMP Relcoation Directive program.
DOWNLOAD A PDF of RCMP Relocation Directive
Request RCMP Home Buyers Package by clicking here :
REQUEST RCMP Home Buyer's PACKAGE
Preferred Areas RCMP members like to buy houses
|RCMP Detachment||Areas where RCMP members like to buy in|
|Lower Sackville RCMP||Lower Sackville, Middle Sackville. Beaverbank, Bedford, Fall River, Hammonds Plains|
|Tantallon RCMP||Tantallon, Hammonds Plains, Lower Sackville, Middle Sackville, Beaverbank, Beechville, Timberlea, Lakeside, St Margaret's Bay|
|Cole Harbour RCMP||Cole Harbour, Dartmouth, Lawrencetown, Porter's Lake. Lake Echo, Eastern Passage,Fall River,Waverley,Bedford|
|Halifax RCMP||Halifax, Dartmouth,Bedford,Sackville, Timberlea, Beechville, Clayton Park,|
|Burnside RCMP||Bedford, Dartmouth, Fall River,Waverley,Sackville,Beaverbank,Halifax city|
|Enfield RCMP||Enfield, Milford,Fall River, Waverley,Grand Lake, Fletcher's Lake,Sackville, Bedford|
© Copyright Sandy and Judy Hines. All information,within this site including photos and information can only be used with written authorization from Sandy or Judy Hines. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. 2015.